- Manuscripts that are being submitted should be complete in all respects and be submitted in quadruplicate including an original typescript and three copies. Manuscripts deal with original material not previously published, or being considered for publication elsewhere and should be written in English.
- Manuscripts should be written in clear, grammatical English. Paper that do not meet this linguistic standard will be returned to the author without review. It is recommended that authors who are not fluent in the English language should confer with coleagues knowledgeable in written English expression before submission. Papers should be intelligible to the general reader of the Journal, and should be condensed to the greatest extent compatible with clarity.
- If accepted, the manuscripts shall not be published elsewhere in the same form, in either the same or another language, without hte consents of Editors. Editor-in Chief regrets that are unable return copies of submitted manuscript except in the case of rejected articles, where only the original manuscript and figures will be returned to the author.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in double-spaced typing through including a reference list, footnotes, and figure legends; all sheets should be numbered serially. Page 1 (title page) should contain (1)the title (2) name (s) of author (s) and instituion (s), (3)number of tables and figures, (4) running head, not exceeding 40 characters including spaces, and (5) name and for editorial correspondence including the telephone (Tel), Fax and E-mail numbers.
- The title must explicitly represent the content of the manuscript. Authors are recommended not to use title such as "Studies on...,Part 1." Use of subtitles is not recommended.
- The text should be as brief as possible and organized adequately clessigied headings, such as Abstract (300 words or less), Key words (5 or less), Introduction, Material (s) and Method (s), Results, Discussion and References.
- Separate sheets should be used for each table with its serial number and a brief explanatory title. Explanatory titles of all figures should be written on a separate paper.
- All figures should be identified with name (s) of author (s) and serial number in pencil on the back of each figure. The scale of magnification should be indicated on photomicrographs. The cost of color reproduction of figures will be charged to the author.
- The appropriate location of each table and figure in the text must be indicated on the right margin of the manuscript. Experimental results should be covered in duplicate by the text, tables and figures.
- References should be limited only to those having direct relevance to the subjectof the paper. Nornally they do not exceed 30 in number. In the text, references should be cited by the in parenthesis arranged in alphabetical order of the first author.
- In the reference list, reference should be entered as follows: reference number, names and initials of all authors, the year of publication, full title of article, name of journal, volume number, starting and ending page numbers. The form of citation of authors contributing a contributing a chapter to books should be similar to that for journals. Two examples are given. 1) Ross J S, Sager O, and Ruf H (1937) Statistical analysis of the EMG form the point of view of amplitudes. J Neurophysiol 11:232-236 2) Wells C E (1960) Effect of exercise and coronary artery narrowing on coronary collateral circulation. In: Circulation Res, eds.Bortz A and Evang K, Elsevies Publ Co, Amsterdam, Vol 21B, pp210-230 Japanese journal with English abstract should be added the phrase, "in Japanese with English abstract" in parenthesis at the end of a reference. An example is given. 1) Yamane K, Takeda A, and Nishiyama K (1961) Operant behavior during sleep. Jpn J EEG EMG 13: 145-147 (in Japanese with English abstract) Rerferences in the text should be listed in alphabetical order of the first author at the end of paper. It is strongly recommended that authors carefully examine each reference by direct confirmation of original publications.
- Copy right: Authors will be asked to transfer the copyright for their paper to the Publisher, using form provided, if and when the paper is accepted for publication.
- Manuscripts should be addressed to the Editorial Board, Advances in Exercise and Sports Physiology, Division of Physiology, Institute of Health and Sports Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba 305-8574, Japan